Wow, I can’t believe that 2013 just rolled out and 2014 just rolled on in. So I am hoping you and your family are off to a great start so far this New Years. It has been a crazy year I think, but not to bad of a year. As a mom and a woman, I have really learned a lot about myself over these past few years. Some of you may be wondering like what?
Well it’s easy. As a woman, I have figured out there is so much in life I really want to do. I want to create new adventures and do things I have only dreamed of doing. As a kid, I was always a good little girl. I never partied, I never got drunk, did any drugs or anything. Like I said. The good little girl. But as I became a mom, and found the really great friends, I realized, I had not lived and done anything crazy or really exciting. So naturally, we kick ourselves for that very reason. But no more. In fall of 2013, I got myself together and went back to school. Something for me and no one else. I am also doing it cause I am hoping it will encourage my kids to stay in school and just to do the best they can.
But with this new year, I have realized, I still have yet to do anything really exciting or create an adventure whether it be large or small. This year that will change. I am currently making a list of things that are way outside my comfort zone and can also be considered an adventure. Even if it is a small one. But I plan one blogging more, and as I blog, you will get to read all about my adventures as we go through this year. But as well with creating adventures, here is a list of all my resolutions for this year..
1. Just to be the best person I can be for me and my kids
2. Take more time for me..sometimes we have to be a little selfish when it comes to taking care of ourselves..but we all need some me time..I don’t care who you are..
3. Make more time for my friends and have girls day/night..at least once a month and if Chris wants to do the same..so be it..
4. Create more adventures..no matter how small or how big..life is an adventure..it’s time to live it up
5. Try to take more time for my marriage..not making any promises here..but me and Chris need more date nights..
6. try to get through school..and just continue doing the best I can
7. get a makeover
8. and last but not least..improve my self-esteem..I can’t be the best of me if I don’t believe in myself or have low confidence. Not only am I letting myself down, but I am letting my kids down as well. But I must say, I have done really great here lately..but as anyone knows, it can be an uphill battle..
Also this year..I have set aside a jar. Through out the year we are going to fill that jar with great memories that we want to remember..and at the end of the year, we are going to go through those memories and put them in a scrapbook and start over with the next year.
So from my family to yours..Have a wonderful and safe New Years